Best Flat Rubber Roofing Service and Cost in Omaha NE
Handyman Services of Omaha
Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE: Are you looking for the Best Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE ? Handyman Services Of Omaha, roofers have the training, skills and experience working with this type of roofing material so you can feel confident about the quality of work that goes into your installation, repairs and replacement. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Flat Rubber Roofing Service around Omaha NE. We serve Omaha NE and other areas.
FLAT RUBBER ROOFING SERVICE IN OMAHA NE
QUALITY RESOURCE FOR FLAT RUBBERIZED ROOFING
Rubberized Roofing Materials in Omaha NE
Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE: Thinking about using Omaha NE rubberized roofing for your commercial or residential structure? Then it only makes sense that you would want to learn more about it, and you have certainly come to the right place for that. Here at Handyman Services Of Omaha, we take great pride in the work that we do and that shows because we are among the top contenders for best roofers around.
What you should know is that advancements in modern roofing technology has helped improve rubber roofing. We are able to offer both rolls, used for flat roof application, and in shingles for residential roofing. Our Omaha NE roofers have the training, skills and experience working with this type of roofing material so you can feel confident about the quality of work that goes into your installation, repairs and replacement. When it comes to your home or business quality should always be your priority, so let us provide you with the quality materials and workmanship needed for the best in roofing results.
Rubber Roofing Material Specialists
Many people ask our pros here at Handyman Services Of Omaha what is so great about rubberized roofing? For one thing, it is very durable and resistant to the elements so you can expect it to last for a long time to come. This material also won’t crack or curl when exposed to extreme temperatures plus, because it is waterproof, you have a rooftop that is designed to hold up against every kind of weather. This roofing material also happens to be fire resistant so you can expect superior performance and longevity.
In fact, rubberized roofing can last up to 50 years and doesn’t not require much maintenance along the way. It is also easy to repair and the installation is relatively easy and cost-effective. You can still get a variety of colors and styles in order to find something that will go well with the look that you are trying to achieve. So what are you waiting for? Give us a call right now and let’s get started working on your roofing.
Omaha NE Rubberized Roofing Contractor
Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE: Whether you know that you want rubberized roofing for your Omaha NE home or business, or are still just gathering information, we can help. Take advantage of the free consultation that we offer and take this opportunity to find out more about this type of roofing system. The only name that you need to know, when it comes to this or any type of roof, is Handyman Services Of Omaha. We take great pride in the fact that we can expertly take care of the needs of our clients.
Our Omaha NE Roofers Provide:
Flat Rubber Roofs: A Popular Choice For Commercial Facilities
Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE: Choosing the right roofing material and design is important for both residential and commercial properties.
However, this rings especially true for commercial properties because of their large roofs and potential monetary consequences of installing the wrong type.
From restaurants to retail stores, a number of commercial facilities prefer flat roofs. Compared to pitched and sloped roofing options, flat roofs are more practical for commercial properties.
While you may think that a flat roof will mean improper drainage of water, the truth is far from this.
Flat roofs aren’t really flat, per se. They have a very low, almost invisible, slope. This allows standing water to drain and prevent roof damage.
Here are a few other reasons why these roofs are preferred for commercial buildings.
Think about how large a commercial roof is and how much material will be needed to create an average slope; this is what makes flat roofs a more affordable and cost-effective option.
Along with the reduced cost of roofing material, the cost of labor for installation decreases too. It is because these are less labor intensive and can be installed quickly.
For a large enough roof, you can save hundreds of dollars by opting for a flat roof.
- Clean and professional design
When you enter a retail store, you hardly notice its roof. That is the point! While residential roofs are designed to add an aesthetic appeal, commercial roofs only have a practical function.
Flat roofs can effectively protect a building’s architecture from external damage for a long term.
- Easier access and inspection
Commercial roofs must be inspected routinely to avoid damage. This helps prevent roofing problems, including puncture, blistering and leaks. The easier it is to access the roof for inspecting and maintenance personnel, the longer your roof will perform.
- Low maintenance
Slopes are rather challenging to maintain and fix. With flat roofs, minor damages can be easily caught and fixed in time. This makes it easy to take common maintenance steps, such as sweeping away debris to prevent ponding.
Moisture is a major problem for commercial roofs. An intelligently designed commercial roof will have a number of strategies to deal with moisture problems, and prevent it from seeping into the structure.
- Wind resistance
Sloped roofing designs make it more difficult to resist high winds. With flat designs, your roof will be protected against wind and possible cracking or uplifting issues.
For many commercial roofing applications an EPDM (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) roof is a good choice for ensuring roofing integrity at an affordable cost. Handyman Services Of Omaha is a Omaha NE roofing contractor with extensive experience in EPDM roofing systems.
An EPDM roof is an extremely durable rubber roofing system used throughout the United States and around the world. An EPDM roof can be used to replace an existing roof, to repair or to restore a damaged roof, or as a cost-effective choice for new construction roofing.
A flexible roofing choice for commercial, industrial, and residential applications, EPDM roofing is used on both low slope and flat roofs. The most common installation of an EPDM roof is fully adhered, mechanically attached or ballasted, with the seams of the roofing system sealed with liquid adhesives or approved manufacture tapes. The most common color for an EPDM roofing system is black.
Having Handyman Services Of Omaha install an EPDM roofing system on your commercial, industrial, or residential structure will deliver a quality roof that will provide many years of protection and service.
EPDM Roof Systems - Commercial Roofing
Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE: Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer (EPDM) is a dimensionally stable membrane that can withstand and resist almost any type of nature-born stress. This single-ply roof membrane, also commonly referred to as a rubber roof system, utilizes carbon black as its molecular backbone which enables it to take on characteristics such as the ability to expand up to 300% yet retain 100% structural memory. EPDM also has excellent weathering resistance and serves as a superb second generation (roof-over) application.
EPDM roof systems are typically installed in one of three methods:
Mechanically attached – This application provides a lightweight, cost-effective solution whereby the roof membrane is affixed to the structural deck utilizing mechanical anchors.
Fully adhered – The system is applied by bonding the membrane directly to the affixed insulation board or other roofing membrane substrate.
Ballasted – Using large sheets and 10 to 12 pounds of rock ballast to hold the membrane in place, this roof system can be the most cost-effective due to the ease and speed of installation. However, this application does require a structural engineer’s approval.
How Much Does A Flat Rubber Roof Cost To Install Or Replace?
$6,000 – $18,000
Flat Rubber Roofing Costs
Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE: Rubber roofing commonly comes in a roll or sheet – often referred to as a membrane. On average, you’ll spend about $7,500 for 1,500 square feet with a range of $6,000 to $18,000. Due to the complexity of the installation, type and thickness of insulation, roof pitch, location, accessibility, and old roof removal, costs can exceed $24,000.
Average Rubber Roof Cost
- Average Cost $12,000
- High Cost $18,000
- Low Cost $6,000
Membrane Rubber Roofing Prices
Expect to spend anywhere between $3.25 and $14.00 per square foot for material and installation. However, it will usually average between $4.50 and $5.50 per square foot. Rubber Roofing Contractors tend to charge between $75 and $90 per hour on top of materials. Commercial buildings and small residential additions utilize the membrane style roof. It’s used where shingles can’t go – below a 3 to 12 ratio slope.
The average cost to install a rubber roof is $3.25 to $14 per square foot.
The term rubber refers to single ply roofing membranes that include thermoplastics like TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) and PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride). Thermoset EPDM is a true rubber membrane roof. Both thermoset and thermoplastics function the same on your roof. Your cost will vary a bit depending on the type of material you choose.
Thickness is sometimes secondary to the type of material you choose depending on your climate and application. Thickness is measured in mils (one mil equals one-thousandth of an inch) and range anywhere from 40-90 mils thickness. Get a professional consultation to determine the type of material and thickness best suited for your project.
Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE: TPO, costing between $5 and $16.50 per square meter, is one of the fastest growing types of commercial roofing. It’s made of a single layer of reinforced thermoplastics. It’s often cheaper to install than EPDM and tends to last longer with less maintenance. But the biggest pro is the reflective white color that keeps the roof cooler and cooling costs down.
Though it’s cheap, it comes with many caveats.
- Quality varies widely among manufacturers – if you do go this route, use an established manufacturer with an excellent warranty.
- It has a laminated top, which introduces a weakness into the design. The laminate is generally the first to go and tough to repair, usually requiring roof replacement.
- In contrast to EPDM and PVC, which both come in extremely wide sheets, TPO is skinny in comparison, creating more seams.
Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
Derived from oil and natural gas, EPDM is the only true rubber roof membrane running between $3.25 and $14.75 per square meter. It comes in both 45 mils and 60 mils thicknesses, though typically you’ll find it in 60 mils thicknesses at most home improvement stores. In use since the 1960’s, It’s a single ply synthetic rubber.
While it has withstood the test of time, and the materials are inexpensive, it has two drawbacks: a black color and weaker seams.
- The black color absorbs heat, potentially creating higher cooling costs. It does come with a laminated white color to help with cooling, but this drives up the materials costs as much as $1 per square feet.
- Where thermoplastics are heat welded at the seams, making an almost impenetrable layer, EPDM is usually glued. These seams tend to fail first from freezing water contact.
Rubber Roof Repairs & Maintenance
Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE: Life expectancy can vary anywhere from 7 to 50 years. Typically, you’ll need to do some maintenance during its life. Common issues include:
- Tears and Rips: Roof repair costs vary, but large objects and impacts like a tree branch or hail need repairs to stop further damage to underlying materials like insulation and wood. Patch most small tears with a rubber sealant patching kit for only about $25. Anything larger will need a piece of roofing material.
- Roof Cleaning: Keep your roof clean and free of debris. Have an annual roof inspection and cleaning. Clean and landscape ballasted materials as needed.
- Coat and Reseal: Sealing a roof only costs about $850. Coatings and sealants can prolong or rejuvenate your roof without the need for replacement. For example, white silicone rubber roofing sealant runs about $20 a gallon. As roofing ages, it becomes brittle and deteriorates.
Other Flat Roofing Types
Flat Rubber Roofing Service near Omaha NE: Though membranes have become the industry standard, there are other types of flat roofs and low-slope types you should consider. Flat roof installation costs tend to be about the same regardless of roof type.
Built Up Roof (BUR): $4-$10 per square foot. Is various layers of insulation, glue, and waterproof materials applied separately. BUR is a time-tested roofing type but very labor intensive.
Modified Bitumen (modified asphalt roll): $4-$8 per square foot. A modified asphalt roll with stabilizers and fiberglass or polyester fiber matting for reinforcement.
Sprayed Polyurethane Foam (SPF): $1.50-$6 per square foot. A liquid sprayed directly over an existing roof and coated after the foam hardens, so no need for roof removal. A membrane can also be applied to it as well using the SPF as insulation and sealant.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
I have never installed a rubber flat roof… is it easy?
Our Firestone Rubber Cover kits are specifically designed for the competent DIYer. Some roofs are very easy to weatherproof, particularly freestanding roofs etc. Some roofs require more expertise e.g. roofs with multiple skylights or awkward pipes and apertures.
Do I need specialist equipment to install my new rubber roof?
You should only need basic hand tools for a straightforward roof. eg. tape measure, shovel, broom, hammer, handsaw, rubbish bags etc.
What is Firestone Rubber Cover EPDM?
EPDM means ethylene propylene diene monomer. It is a synthetic rubber, with outstanding weatherproof properties, developed over 50 years ago.
How long does it take to install?
The average (20m2) rear extension should only take a morning to install. Getting the roof stripped off and any decking replaced if needed usually takes longer than installing the Firestone Rubber Cover.
I am worried about stripping off my old roof and leaving it exposed to the elements!
We strongly advise our clients to check both the weather forecast and that they have the correct materials on site prior to starting. The beauty of the Firestone Rubber Cover system is that if you do get caught in an unexpected shower you have a pre-cut weatherproof sheet to hand… which you can use as a tarpaulin!
Do I need to strip off my old roof?
It depends if the timber substrate is sound. If there has been a long term leak, or the decking is chipboard, then the roof may need boarding in places. If the substrate is sound and the felt cleaned of dust etc. then the EPDM can probably be adhered directly to it using contact adhesive (although this is more tricky to install).
To save the time and expense, some customers simply overboard their roofs with new ply or OSB, screwing into the existing substrate.
Is there an up or down when installing the rubber?
Firestone Rubber Cover is identical on both sides.
Are the products safe to use?
Yes and all products are supplied with clear instructions and safety data sheets. Sensible precautions should be taken i.e. do not inhale adhesive fumes, do not allow children access to the products etc.
How long will my roof last?
Your new Firestone Rubber Cover membrane is guaranteed not to fail due to weathering for 20 years. It is essential that the product is installed in accordance with our detailed instructions.
Is Rubber Seal environmentally friendly?
Yes, EPDM is an inert material with limited environmental impact during manufacture and installation.
Can I walk on my new Firestone Rubber Cover roof?
The membrane is incredibly tough and perfect for maintenance access. For balconies etc. then we would recommend additional protection. E.g. paving slabs, walkway pads or timber decking.
There are joins in the rubber, why is this?
Firestone Rubber Cover is manufactured in the USA and the large panels are created using vulcanized seams. The material of these seams are homogenous and 100% cured.
Can I install a cement screed on top of EPDM to create a walkway or balcony?
Firestone Rubber Cover is perfectly compatible with sand and cement.
CALL FOR US:
- Flat Rubber Roofing Near Omaha NE
- How To Install Rubber Roofing
- Residential Flat Roof Materials
- Flat Roofs Construction
- Rubber Roofing Cost
- Flat Roofing Material You Can Walk On
- Flat Roof Alternatives Omaha NE
- Rubber Roofing Cost Per Roll
- Rubber Roof Cost Calculator
- Flat Roof Replacement Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost To Install Rubber Roof
- Flat Roof Estimate Template
- Commercial Roof Replacement Cost Calculator
- Membrane Roof Cost Per Square Foot
- Flat Roof Materials Omaha NE
- Arlington NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Ashland NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Avoca IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Avoca NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Bellevue NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Bennington NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Blair NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Boys Town NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Carson IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Carter Lake IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Ceresco NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Council Bluffs IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Dunlap IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Eagle NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Elkhorn NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Fort Calhoun NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Fremont NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Glenwood IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Greenwood NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Gretna NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- LA Vista NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Lincoln NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- LoganIA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Louisville NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Malvern IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Mead NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Missouri Valley Ia Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Murray NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Oakland IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Omaha NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Pacific Junction IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Papillion NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Plattsmouth NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Ralston NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Springfield NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Underwood IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Valley NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Wahoo NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Waterloo NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Weeping Water NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Woodbine IA Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me
- Yutan NE Flat Rubber Roofing Service Near Me