Attic Repair Attic Insulation Attic Replacement Services In Omaha NE
Handyman Services of Omaha
Handyman Services of Omaha: Attic insulation and attic restoration services to remove contaminated, moldy and wet insulation. Handyman Services of Omaha is certified to handle asbestos removal. For complete wildlife management & building repair services, including full attic restorations, call the experts at Handyman Services of Omaha. Call us for attic clean out, attic stairs and attic door installation, attic insulation, vent cleaning and attic fan installations. We also offer junk removal and hauling services. Cost Of Attic Repair? Free Estimates! Call Today Or Schedule Attic Repair Online Fast!
ATTIC REPAIR SERVICES
Omaha NE Attic Repair Services
Handyman Services of Omaha – Attics
The attic is out of sight yet important when it comes to energy efficiency, indoor air quality and roof integrity. There are five types of projects that keep attics in good condition and save money by preventing much more expensive repairs down the line. Handyman Services of Omaha believes in a convenient, one-call solution where one simple call schedules an appointment and delivers a safe, worry-free experience completed by a professional.
Attic Stairs & Door Installation
Improve Your Attic with Drop Down Stairs
At Handyman Services of Omaha, we know just how important the attic is to the overall efficiency and value of your home. It can play a critical role in your energy efficiency, indoor air quality, and integrity of your roof. However, the attic all-too-often falls into the bucket of “out of sight, out of mind,” which means attics can fall into disrepair—especially when they are difficult to access. This is where our home repair experts can help.
If you are sick of having to drag a ladder to the access point every time you want to get into the attic, we encourage you to contact us. We can help install drop down attic stairs that make it easy for you to get into your attic whenever you need. Our professional handyman can also repair an old attic door or replace it entirely with a brand new one if you are looking to spruce up the area. Whatever you need, we can do it!
We Are the Professionals You Can Trust
We can help transform your attic from overlooked and unusable to a well-kept area—and we can do it right the first time. Our professional handymen each have an average of 10 years’ experience. We are so confident that we guarantee our workmanship. So don’t waste a minute! Call Handyman Services of Omaha.
Your Attic Is Key to Your Home’s Energy Efficiency
Attics play a critical role in the energy efficiency of homes—at Handyman Services of Omaha, we can ensure yours does its job well. By checking the level and quality of your attic’s insulation, we can keep your air conditioning and heating unit from having to work overtime. Better yet, we can help you avoid any spikes in your energy bills during the hot and cold seasons. Once our professional handymen arrive to your home, we can inspect your insulation, make recommendations, or install new insulation entirely to keep you up to code.
Consider the following reasons from the U.S. Department of Energy to properly insulate your home:
- Insulation can help you save money on your energy bills.
- Insulation can make your home more comfortable with a more uniform temperature.
- Insulation can make your walls, ceilings, and floors warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
Work with Handymen You Can Trust
Don’t gamble with just any handyman-for-hire—work with someone that you know you can rely on. When you contact Handyman Services of Omaha, you can feel good knowing we are trustworthy, locally-owned, experienced, and that our workmanship is guaranteed. We finish jobs on time and they’re always done right.
Attic Mold Prevention Omaha
Your roof and your attic’s ceiling are one and the same. If your attic has cracks and holes, then moisture from the outside will create mold, mildew and wood rot. Preventative maintenance and addressing signs of trouble early is simply money in the pocket.
Attic Structural Integrity
If there are any signs of leaking, such as stains on your ceiling or water damage high on walls, we inspect attic areas for water damage and replace lumber quickly and professionally, preventing the need for costly roof repairs. Our home improvement professionals can also install hurricane straps/ties/clips on all roof trusses that attached to the wall frame in order to prevent lift from the roof in extreme wind events.
- Vent Cleaning & Attic Fan Installation
- Keep Cool Air Flowing Through Your Attic
As a key player in the energy efficiency and indoor air quality of your home, giving proper attention to your attic is critical One of the ways that can keep it well-maintained is by having your attic and roof vents properly cleaned. By doing this, you can ensure that clean air is allowed to flow through the entire attic. Another step is to have an attic fan installed, which is just one more way to improve attic air circulation.
With vent cleaning and attic fan installation, you can experience the following benefits:
- Your attic will stay dry year-round.
- The air in your attic will be fresh.
- Your home will remain cool.
Cleaning your roof vents can also protect your home from the risk of a spontaneous fire, can regulate the temperature in your home, and can help stabilize your energy bills so you don’t pay more than necessary.
Call Handyman Services of Omaha Today!
With basic handyman repair and maintenance, you can ensure your attic remains in good condition, which can save you money in the long-run. If you would like to learn more about the ways in which our team of experts can help you, do not hesitate to contact us today. We ensure that the job is done right the first time.
CALL US FOR:
- Attic Repair near Me
- Attic Services
- Attic Contractor in Omaha NE
- Attic Company Omaha
- Attic Restoration Services
- Who Fixes Attic Fans
- Insulation Repair in Crawl Space
- Attic Fan Repair near Me
- Lowes Attic Ladder Installation Cost
- Who Replaces Attic Fans In Omaha NE
- Attic Cleaning Omaha
- Attic Clean Out Omaha
- Attic Cleanup Omaha
- Attic Junk Removal Omaha
Winter Preparation Checklist for Your Home
When the winter is fast approaching, you’d want to make sure that everything in your home is running smoothly. The last thing you want to do is trying to repair something outdoors in the midst of freezing temperatures. In this article, we are going to give you an easy checklist to help you prepare your home for the cold season.
When the cold months arrive, you’re obviously going to use a heating system. Hence, it’s only natural to start with said unit. To capitalize on this, perform a “test run.” You’d want to make sure that everything is good to go. If there’s something not right, or if you suspect that something is up, you’d want to fix the issue as soon as possible.
How to test your heating system:
- Turn off the boiler or thermostat
- Turn that back on
- Be sure that the unit is working
- Wait about 15 minutes
- Turn it off again
To do the test, just set the thermostat in heat mode. Set it to 80 degrees for testing purposes. You only need to run the system for a few minutes. It’s best that you do this during the fall season. Waiting for winter means that you’ll be in a long queue for repair services.
The condensing unit is an important part of the air conditioning system. You don’t want to neglect the condensing unit because it’s susceptible to damages as it’s usually located outside your home. Regularly check the condensing unit and make sure that there are no debris and wet leaves. To clean the condensing unit, use a hose and set it to the highest pressure possible. Focus on the condensing coils and fan blades.
If you have a wood burning fireplace, then it’s important that you don’t skip on checking it. Most homeowners tend to ignore the fireplace during summer months which can cause a lot of issues when winter arrives.
When checking the fireplace, you’d want to check the chimney for small animals like squirrels and birds. Also, be on the lookout for animal nests. If your chimney hasn’t been cleaned in years, you might want to hire a chimney cleaner. Chimney cleaning is not an enjoyable DIY project.
You’d also want to check outdoor pipes as these are susceptible to freezing during the winter months. You really don’t want frozen pipes as they will lead to burst pipes, which then lead to very expensive repairs. When checking pipes, the most important thing to focus on is the insulation. Make sure that the insulation is not faulty. Exposed water pipes are the leading causes of frozen pipes.
Checking for insulation can get complicated, so we’ll stick to the easy stuff. Nevertheless, you still need to check it despite its complicated nature because a home really needs it during winter time. What you’d want to do is to check the exterior switch plates and exterior outlets. If the insulation is nonexistent or faulty, you can apply a cheap foam sealing gasket.
If you are not using the fireplace, then check if you have insulation in place that prevents cold air from coming down the chimney. If there’s no insulation, you can use fiberglass insulation and just stuff it in the chimney. Be careful though. If you’ll use the fireplace, make sure you remove the insulation first.
Windows, if left unchecked, will harbor air leaks and will increase your utility bills significantly. To check for air leaks, you can use an incense stick. Light an incense stick and wave it around your windows. Observe the smoke. If it’s not going straight up, then you may have an air leak. Also, check the weather stripping and make sure it’s in good condition.
The doors in your home are major sources of air leaks. When checking the doors, focus on the gap between the floor and the door. Make sure it’s not too big, or you can seal it off completely with a specialized rug. Just like with windows, make sure the weather stripping is also in good condition.
- Arlington NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Ashland NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Avoca IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Avoca NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Bellevue NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Bennington NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Blair NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Boys Town NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Carson IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Carter Lake IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Ceresco NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Council Bluffs IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Dunlap IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Eagle NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Elkhorn NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Fort Calhoun NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Fremont NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Glenwood IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Greenwood NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Gretna NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- LA Vista NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Lincoln NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Logan IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Louisville NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Malvern IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Mead NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Missouri Valley Ia Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Murray NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Oakland IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Omaha NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Pacific Junction IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Papillion NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Plattsmouth NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Ralston NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Springfield NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Underwood IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Valley NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Wahoo NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Waterloo NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Weeping Water NE Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Woodbine IA Attic Repair Service Near Me
- Yutan NE Attic Repair Service Near Me